Thursday, August 2, 2018

Creating when you don't have a lot of free time!


I have been working hard in 
my studio making new things.


I do have a lot of ideas in my head.  Just 
not enough free time to work on them.
The absolute earliest I can get home from
work on a day that I don't go to see my horse
is at 5:00 PM.   I am not a person
that can function well on a little sleep.
So I do my best to fit all my 
priorities in.  I always make sure my 
animals get their time and attention
before I work on my art. 


I am trying to put in at least 30 min per
night.  Which really is not much time.
I have found though once I get started
30 minutes ends up being an hour and a half.
So I feel like I am working
towards my goal.
I just thought this morning how
I have progressed over the years.  The
things I couldn't do and the things
I can now do.  


Don't get me wrong.  I have a long way to go.
Sometimes things turn out well.
Like this Poppy
But often things don't 
come out the way I wanted!



This was the plaque I had painted, and
the paint peeled off in spots so I
then fired it to burn off the paint 
then glazed it.  I wasn't sure if the glaze 
would adhere due to the residue
and I was happy it did!


I love this one!
I'm gonna make another one  similarly.
I like the color combinations.


I like this one too but the glaze
 took 2 tries to get to this point!


I'm not liking this green coloring.
It's kind of bla- to me so I'm gonna add 
something to it and refire it.
I will keep at it and hopefully I will
get more things right the first time around!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I am just feeling grateful that when I
had lots of road bumps & pot holes in my life
that I kept going forward and it
got me to where I am now!  
I have the desire everyday to
work on creating things that I visualize in
my head.  It makes me happy!
I encourage you to do 
what makes you happy!
Even if you can only do it for a little
bit each day, eventually it will add
up to something that you wouldn't have
if you had never started!


No comments:

Post a Comment