Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Trash to Treasure

Just sharing my cast iron urns...
I wanted some urns like these, just not
enough to go out and spend a hundred bucks on two
of them.  I really could find a better way to
spend a hundred bucks....
like towards a vet bill.
So was really happy to find these
on the side of the road in the trash! 
I'm happy with my plant combo that I planted.
I can't wait to see them fill out as the summer 
gets underway. The urns looked
pretty rough when I found them.
Rusty with chipping paint...
I wire brushed all the loose
paint.  Then I spray painted
them with rustoleum.  
After that I layered many
layers of acrylic paint to
get a look I was happy with.
I then sealed it with a
clear spray paint.
They each have a different design on the rim.

I like how they look by the green house.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One persons trash sure looks
nice in my yard!






No comments:

Post a Comment