Wednesday, October 21, 2020

This Years Harvast!

My first vegetable garden
at our new house 
was a huge success this year!
It produced so much and kept me 
very busy!
  I had tons of greens for the buns
and I am still harvesting the herbs & lettuce!
There are somethings I will do different or
plant in different areas but all in all it's the
biggest haul I've ever had!
I sliced many peppers and froze them for the winter.
I blanched and froze many green beans.
I even tried dehydrating a few peppers
and tomatoes to make
 into powders for sauces.
I froze some little tomatoes whole. As when you
defrost them you can just pop them
out of their skin for sauce or soup.
I had never canned before.  I learned
to can diced tomatoes.  Made
dill pickles and spicy pickles,
and spicy pickled peppers.

I made some spicy
salsa.  I haven't tried it yet
but I will soon.
I also made strawberry/rhubarb jam for
the first time.  It was  a big
hit with my family and I will be 
making that again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment