Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Canning

 Just sharing this years canning from the garden.
Quite successful considering 2 yrs. ago I had never canned before. 
I thought it was something very difficult to do.
 I remember seeing my mom do it with so many pots boiling away.
  The truth is it's not that hard.  
It's just a series of steps to ensure everything is sanitized, and sealed properly.
  I canned pickles, pickled peppers & pickled jalapenos, tomatoes, salsa & jam.
  Also to put in perspective  
1  quart jar = 2-3.5 pounds of tomatoes
1 pound = about 3 large tomatoes
So each Quart Jar =9-10 tomatoes
 It is quite satisfying to see all the jars
lined up so pretty.  The fruits of this gardens labor!
Plus I was able to share large amounts of
produce with family and friends.





No comments:

Post a Comment