I have been working on renovating a
few things I want to use to display
some of my pottery at this artist market
I am doing next month. Above is one of 2 urns
that someone tossed out. I just happened to
be driving to work and stopped and
loaded these two into the back of my truck.
I'm thrilled though, because
I have wanted
urns like this for a while.
New they are pricey.
So FREE is awesome!
The paint was peeling on the metal,
so I took a wire brush to them.
Then I spray painted several coats of rust-oleum
on them to protect the metal.
After that I brushed on several layers of colors
of acrylic paint.
I was going for the look of an
aged cement planter.
Then I sprayed clear protector over them,
and Wala! I think they look like that now.
These are the inspiration for my next renovation.
I forgot to take a before...
but this was a garage sale find.
Someone had slapped flat white paint
on it very messily. I was not pretty.
So this is my repaint job.
It will sit on top of a table to display
some of my smaller bowls.
I did have some bad luck in one kiln firing.
This lovely bowl is no more!
I have a full kiln that I will open tonight.
Fingers crossed that there will be better
results than above.