Wednesday, October 19, 2016

More Cushion...

Just to show you the last of my
home summer projects....
I had this antique bench and it
was looking it's age.  The springs creeked
so I looked for a new one.  When I didn't find
anything I liked I decided to redo it.
I was glad to be able to do this outside.
Kind of icky and dusty.
Many layers to get to the springs.
Some of them were broken and
I opted to take them off.
I was thankful my husband pulled
a zillion old carpenter nails
for me!
I then attached a top to the wood frame
I felt like this would sturdy it up
We have a foam factory close by so
I bought a nice thick foam pad
cut specifically to size.
I then covered the foam with batting
stapling it underneath
I then applied the upholstery fabric I bought
 at Hobby Lobby. I went with
 something neutral that would
go with different colors since it goes
at the end of my bed.  This way it would go
with different color schemes when
I change out my bedding colors. 
I decided to put trim
on it to break up the space visually.
 I used masking tape as a guide to
where I would apply my decorative trim.
I just hot glued it on.
and tada the finished product at the end
of the bed.   I think it looks more up to date
and is comfortable to sit on with more cushion.
Not to mention all nice and clean and
practically all new.



No comments:

Post a Comment