Wednesday, October 9, 2019

An Anniversary Getaway to Vermont

Sharing a few wedding pictures from 10 yrs ago.
Last month my husband and I celebrated
10 yrs. being married and 13 yrs. being together.
We went to Vermont for a little getaway
to a very scenic resort.

We landed in Boston.
We drove to the Mountain Top Resort in Vermont
Such pretty winding roads with green mountains all
around.  I didn't realize Vermont had mountains.
So happy the colors were changing at the
higher altitudes.


The view our window just reminded me of
the movie the Legends of the Fall...

The trails were very steep and rocky.  These
draft horses were very sure footed.  I did feel 
bad for them, not because they weren't well cared
for but because they are leased out and wonderful
animals and I just thought it was sad that no one
owned them and loved them for the wonderful horses they 
were.  Apparently many of the guides have adopted
several of the trail horses when they got older.
We drove all over Vermont...
We also spent the day in Salem Massachusetts.
We visited the historic House of 7 Gables.
We like touring historical homes.

We also visited the witch house.  It was the residence
of one of the judges that was on the Salem
witch trials.  All I can say is that I am
glad I was born in the present day.  That
kind of living would not be for me.

Too many pictures.... to post so I just did a few favorites.
It was wonderful trip!
Now we're home and closed
on our new house and prepping to move.
OMG! so much work!


No comments:

Post a Comment