Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Creating Art makes me Happy....


I would like to share a recent piece....


I am very grateful for all things I can do and make.
 I have had 3 serious injuries that could have
completely altered my life.  2 closed
head brain injuries and spinal factures in 3 places. So
the fact that I can do everything that I could
before the accidents is truly a blessing.


I am in such a good place today that I
am so very Grateful for my Life.
For my confidence to try new things and
explore the many things in life that
bring me joy.


Creating art brings me peace
and happiness and my
hope is that I can bring other people
some happiness with it!


This little rabbit is Teela...


I felt touched and moved by the
story of this little bunny that
brought so much love to her owner
when she was rescued from a shelter and
then sadly such grief when she died.
I could relate when this happened
to my beloved rabbit Giddy.


I thought maybe a nice memorial for her
owner  of her dear rabbit would
maybe help her with her sadness.
This was a first time I had attempted a
pet portrait in clay from a photograph
I was surprised and happy with how
she appeared in the clay.
I slowly dried it and kept my fingers
crossed it would survive firing with no
cracks in the kiln.



I was thrilled when she came out fine.


I began adding color




And finally she is completed!



I'm feel like I was able to capture her sweet
little spirit.  I am glad she arrived to her owner
safe and sound and that I was able to hopefully
give her a happy memorial of her beloved Teela.
I am excited to have been able to
expand my artistic ability to a new level
and in a new way.


This little Teela piece is definitely a favorite of mine!




1 comment: