Tuesday, April 14, 2020

New yard plans

With spring here we are trying to implement
some of our yard plans.  It's not an easy
task with some of the ridiculous restrictions
on what can be purchased for your home.
Above is my plan after many changes and I
have already changed again where the raised
garden beds with be. They will be more on the right
side of the yard than the left side.  This way when
the trees in the neighbors yard grow they won't
shade the garden.
 This is the front of the house.
It's ok, but a little bla for me.
I wanted to add another bed .  This way I can add
perennials and bulbs to add 
some interest through the seasons.
My husband removed all the sod by hand.
 We then put weed cloth down so nothing
would grow up into the new bed.  The goal is
to keep it weed free and make it easy in the future.
 All the brick stones had to be
leveled as the front yard slopes
toward the street.
 Then it took 7 pickup beds of dirt to fill it up.
Just as soon as it's warm enough and I
can go to the nursery to shop for plants 
This bed at least is ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment