Tuesday, April 28, 2020

The Glazing Process...

Just showing the time and process that 
goes into my creations.
Many times potters have large batches
of glazes mixed up in 5 gallon buckets
they simply dip the bowl in and Wala- all done.
For me that is not the case.  I hand brush
all my details on in a minimum of 3 layers.
I have to carefully brush around all
the details I created and not have it carry
over into the other color.
It does not matter if I paint over a drip
because that drip will come to the 
surface when fired and be
where I don't want it to be.
I work on this in the evening after my day job....
My time at work is literally
percolating ideas of what I can create
and do when I am off.
I know it sounds like a crap way to spend your day
but I only have 3 yrs. to go!
and then I can do what I want and collect
my pension and health insurance! 
 
So at any rate, you can see
 the evolution from simple
colored flowers....

to the detail which is applied to this
poppy after the first 3 layers of color.
I keep a log of how I applied
my bowl layers so that I have a
record of how and what I applied,
in case I really love it and want to do it again!
Then I basically hope for the best
and that it will come out
like I envisioned!







No comments:

Post a Comment