Tuesday, April 2, 2019

All This for One Little Goldfish!

For many years I had a 40 gallon fish
tank in my art room with goldfish in it.
My favorite big Goldfish that I named Bubba has been
with me for well over 6 yrs.  He was the sole survivor of
our pond fish babies that all fell victim to a Blue Heron.
So that's why "he" came inside.  Anyway he got bigger and bigger
and I felt like he was too big for the 40 gallon. I thought sadly
I'd move him back with the pond fish since it was the more
humane thing to do...even though I loved looking at him while I did Art.
Well he didn't seem to like it with the pond gold fish
and he didn't look like he was going to make it.
He was floating sideways.   So I got an early Birthday Gift
from my hubby...so I could bring Bubba back up to my Art room.
A NEW BIG 75 GALLON FISH TANK!
I love, love, love it!
Bubba looked in bad shape.  He had sores on his side.
The pond fish must have ganged up on him even though
he was bigger. Now I am happy to say he 
seems to be back to his old self.
I love sitting and watching them.
It took a few weeks to get totally clear water.
It has to do with the good bacteria eating the bad bacteria.
Bubba had 3 big open sores on this side and now just the black dot is left.

These two bigger ones were with Bubba before...
and when I put them back together I swear
it was like they all swam up to greet each other again
I love this gray ones eyes!
Hazel coming to see what I'm doing.

Yes I know it's another thing that I now have to care for and 
clean but I just love it so much. Doing my art and looking over
at them swimming so pretty.  My brother was into
fish tanks.  Getting this tank all set up made me think
a lot of my late brother and I'm pretty sure he'd like
my tank even though they are Goldfish and 
not a fancy salt water aquarium.



1 comment:

  1. It's just wonderful! I'm so glad Bubba made it and has a fabulous new condo. Sometimes it's better to be the big fish in a small pond than a big fish in big pond. ;)
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete