Wednesday, May 1, 2019

My flower Inspirations~~

This dish was designed to be a large bee waterer.
  I googled colors and it said bee's are attracted to
 blues and greens.  So you could add glass marbles
 or pebbles in the bottom and just add water.

or it could be put on the bottom of a nice pot like the one above
and become a bird bath. My glazes are food safe so it is up 
to you what you want to use it for.
Bee's are not the easiest thing to make out of clay
and have them remain sturdy enough to dry & fire
I think these Bee's came out cute. 
I was really happy with how it came out and it's hard
for me to not just keep everything for myself when I love it.
The detail on this one took me some time.
You have to realize it's a minimum of 3 coats to get the glaze
thick enough and you can't have any color
dots or drips on light colors like the yellow 
or it would look a mess.
This little Chickadee Bird Bath was a custom order
and is on it's way to NY
for a Mother's day gift.

I am a fan of plaids so
why not on a bowl?

This  one will also be available without the stand.
The stand fits it perfectly!  I will gladly send
you a link of where to get it on Amazon.
This one is just a little dish that
could hold some jewelry on your dresser.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
These will be posted for sale on Esty just
as soon as I can box them up and weigh them
for shipping cost.  

No comments:

Post a Comment