Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Sad News...

 
I recently got some sad news on my
Finnegan. He was having bouts which would last
less than a minute but it seemed
like he was coughing up a fur ball
but there never was one. So I took
him to the vet.  I had a feeling it
would be heart related and sadly
I was right.  He has advanced heart
disease at only 4 yrs. old.  It was
confirmed by an echogram of his heart.
 
 
The vet estimated he may
have 3-6 months.
We are giving him 4 different
meds to keep him comfortable.
At the moment he seems fine.
He occasionally has a breathing
episode, but he other wise
seems fine and doing everything
he normally does.
 
 
I always wanted a Maine Coon cat.
 
 
My friend Connie Galant
sent me an email showing an ad that was up
on the bulleting board at
the hospital she works at
for Maine Coon kittens for sale.
She even gave me the suggestion
of his name Finnegan which I thought
just fit him perfect.
 
 
We had Taz the cat in the back who was a rescue. 
Taz  was terrified of Jake - our large dog.
We took Jake who also was a rescue, when my mother in law died. 
I told my husband if we got a kitten that wasn't afraid of
Jake, Taz would see that  it was ok and stop
living under our bed 24/7.
Which Finn totally did and  now
everyone lives peacefully together.
 
 
 
 
Such a adorable, fearless
handful grew up into
a big beautiful boy...
 
 
such a big part of our family
 
 
those green mischievous eyes 
 
 
 
Helping his brother to see Jake is
just a big teddy bear!
 
 
and keeping Henley company....
 
 
I love him very dearly
 
 
 
I love this gorgeous boy laying with his
big belly all out there for the world to see!
 
 
I can't even imagine a time without his goof ball antics. 
 
 
so for now...
 
 
I will just spoil this big guy!
 
 
and Love and be thankful
that I have him here with me
for the time I do.
 
 
because I know without
any doubt that one day
 
 
My precious boy
will greet me on the other
side when my time on earth
is over.  Knowing this
Comforts me Greatly!
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: