Wednesday, November 22, 2017

My Day Job...


I thought I would share what my full
time job is.  I work as a civilian for the Military.
I have spent my whole life around the US Military
as my Dad retired from the US Army, and so did my Grandfather.
We traveled all over the world this way between the US 
and West Germany.  My brother and sister and I were all born
in different locations in Germany,


This is my office.  I have worked for the
past 26 years for the Exchange as
a Visual Merchandiser Manager.  Currently I manage the
signing and displays for 6 stores for the military soldiers
and their families.  I create various computer graphics on
the computer and print them out on a large format printer.
I place orders for all the stores and it is my responsibility
to make sure all the signing and presentation of
products and the store meets our companies display regulations.
I am their marketing department.



With it being a retail store... Christmas is our
busiest time of the year.  We don't operate off government funds, and
are self sustaining.  We are all over the world.  Wherever the military
is based, so it the Exchange to serve them and give them what then need.
So this is what I have been doing over the last week.


I start by climbing the ladder and lugging these big
swags up.


I also hang all the other Christmas signing
above the isles. You can see one in the
background.


It's good exercise lugging these heavy things
up and down by myself.


Then I start on the floor displays.  So basically
every display, or sign in the store is me.
I position the mannequins and try to make
inviting displays.


I do attractive displays on each feature table. I use
my imagination.  This year I used balls with  ribbon.




Also large glass looking snow flakes




I wrap many metallic gifts, bows and display through out
 the store to tie in with the sign kits colors so everything goes together. 




I even did the large poinsettia arrangements and painted the urns
they are displayed in.  All the signs you see saying Guess or Nine West-
that's me.  Printing them and cutting them and putting them up.
The posters of the purses something I did also.


I like the versatility of my job.  I can be
working on graphics on the computer
or setting up a display idea that I have.
We do have regulations but there is also
creative freedom in many areas.


So that's what I do all day and hopefully
if all goes as planned I will be able to retire
in 5 yrs. with a full pension and health insurance.
Then I will be able to work  as
much as I want on my Art!




No comments:

Post a Comment